Saturday, May 5, 2012

Losing hair, does anything out there ACTUALLY work?

I'm actually not losing any more hair it looks like, but the loss from years ago has still held up today and here's the catch... I'm only 21 :\



My hair looks like this guy below, just not painfully as obvious lol. Where he's got the two obvious missing patches of hair, I actually have hair, but it's obvious that in those two areas that my hair is 50 times thinner than the other areas of my head.



http://dale.bewley.net/camera/1999/11/25...



Is there anything that actually works aside from $500 hair transplants which I could never afford anyway? I haven't been keeping up to date with what works on the market in terms of propecia, rogaine, etc



Any tips/help's appreciated.



-Travis



Losing hair, does anything out there ACTUALLY work?

Well.. I have been confronted with the same problem but I am only 18 same part of my head only it is not yet as noticeable. Anyway I have been using propecia for about 8 months now and I am beginning to see results on the left side of my head. As funny as that sounds I am still waiting for results on my right side. So... if you've got the 70 bucks a month (ouch hurts doesn't it?) I would recommend giving it a try. The earlier you use it the better the results are. I guess that when the majority of you're hair falls out and the follicles close up this product become sort of useless. As for rogaine... it only work on those with typical male pattern baldness (meaning the hair in the back of your head) and it has a much lower success rate then propecia. But don't listen to me go ask your doctor, your gonna need the prescription anyway. Good luck to you man, and if all else fails at least we can be bald together :-). Here is a cheap place to buy it. And by the way Finasteride is the same damn thing just cheaper.



Losing hair, does anything out there ACTUALLY work?

NO! most men who go bald look good as the baldness suits them.



Losing hair, does anything out there ACTUALLY work?

My boyfriend has been losing his hair since he was in his late 20's. He uses the over the counter Rogaine, and says it does work, but you have to keep using it, because if you quit, you will lose what you gained. He uses the store brand, says it works as well as the name brand and is much less expensive. After seeing the guy's answer after mine, I remember he takes both propecia and rogaine.



Losing hair, does anything out there ACTUALLY work?

Propecia works but not very well for the frontal hair line. If I were you, I'd consider both Propecia and Rogaine in combination. There are generic forms of both so it shouldn't be too expensive. And F.Y.I. A hair transplant can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 for starters and most men need more surgery.



Losing hair, does anything out there ACTUALLY work?

Hi There,



Yes, there are treatments, other than hair transplantation, for hair loss. However, surgical hair restoration is the most effective for regrowing lost hair. Your two other options are Propecia and Rogaine. Proepecia is great for stopping future hair loss and in some cases, regrowing lost hair. Rogaine, on the other hand, does a little bit of both.



I had a hair restoration procedure done back in July and am very happy with the results. Mine was a Bosley hair transplantation. Since receiving the procedure I have kept a blog called BattleAgainstBald.com. The blog details the results of my Bosley hair transplantation and I also provide a wealth of information on hair loss and the other methods used to correct it.



I encourage you to check out BattleAgainstBald.com, as I'm sure the information there can answer a lot, if not all, of your hair loss and restoration questions.



Best of luck to you in your battle against bald...



-Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment